Friday, October 26, 2007

Ch Nine

Chapter nine is about technology in english and lanuage arts instruction. I think this chapter is a good supplement to my children's literature class I'm taking right now. This chapter provides examples of how to integrate technology into the classroom work. I especially liked the part of the chapter where is talks about software based and online systems for developing reading skills. I just completed a project in my children's lit class where we had to evaluate 10 websites or software that develop reading skills. I wish I would have come across this chapter sooner, because I wouldn't have had to look so hard to find those websites. I also really like the Inspiration concept map on page 300. Filling this map out online would be the same as filling out a map on paper, but it would change it up some in the room. Students may enjoy the online one more for the simple fact that it is not just filling out another piece of paper. I will have to keep this in mind when I have my own class someday.

No comments: