Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ch Eleven

Chapter eleven is about technology in science and math. I felt that a lot of what I was reading for the math pertained to the upper elementary and more for middle and high school math. But what the book did say about elementary math programs, I thought it was helpful. I liked the virtual manipulatives the best because a teacher could project this in her classroom, and show the students how to use the manipulatives. Better yet, the teacher could let students use the computer and show their classmates how to do the problems using the manipulatives. This would work better than an overhead because it shows colors along with the shapes.
My favorite part of the science technology was the exploratorium because I thought this would be a good supplement to a solar system project (space project). The student will be able to use this to explore rather than looking at pictures in a book. Unfortunetly science does not always receive the funding of math and language arts, so attaining some of these materials for integrating technology may be out of school budget after they purchase the other technology such as the microscopes.

No comments: